Michael Hiles in a few seconds
I’m a GenX tech business guy – husband to an amazing woman and the daddy to two kids.
I’m an avid reader and write a lot. I love science, technology, economics, philosophy, art, and music. I also love food – a little too much at times.
I’m an INTJ, but I still like people. I just burn a lot of energy when I’m around them and re-charge when I am alone with my thoughts.
I love problem solving, in particular, solving complex digital business problems involving technology, marketing, and strategy.
I started writing software on mainframes as a kid in the late 1970s. My dad worked for one of the very first software companies in existence, so I got lucky.
- My particular technology focus has always been data and information architecture.
- I’ve spent a lot of time working with data, web, social, marketing tech, and digital communities.
- I started my first web development company, Softlynx Interactive, in 1994 before Al Gore invented the series of interconnected tubes.
- I later merged that company with one of the nation’s largest direct response print marketing companies, Reach Publishing.
- I’ve done a lot of large-scale enterprise development. My team won a Smithsonian Institution award for the Hamilton County Clerk of Courts case search system for being the very first to connect a judicial system to the world wide web.
I am passionate about mentoring and teaching.
- I am the managing co-director of Founder Institute Cincinnati, the regional chapter of the worlds largest startup accelerator.
- I am also a mentor and advisor to many regional startups through Cintrifuse, a regional startup syndication investment fund of funds.
- I advise the healthcare technology innovation team of Ascend Innovations.
- I am the founder of 10XTS, a marketing publishing company and consulting firm.
- I am the CTO of CraftForce.
- I am the Digital Strategy Officer for Enerfab.
Read My Stuff
Connect With Me
I would love to help you build your company, but you should know a few things about what working with me is like.
There are many ways to reach me, starting with the email icon at the bottom of every page on my site. Also check out my contact page for more ways.