This morning was the Keiretsu Forum Midwest meeting in Cincinnati. Keiretsu Forum is a global angel investor network that syndicates venture investing in solid Series A rounds for emerging startups who have gained some traction.
Sotiris Pagdadis is the director of Keiretsu Forum Midwest. Aside from being one heck of a nice guy, he’s also wicked smart. Former PwC, Ph.D., and a snappy dresser. He’s also got some really cute young kids who keep him busy (as if running a chapter of an angel network isn’t enough work already).
Keiretsu Forum’s format is to host four companies a month in a morning long session. Each company pitches, then has some Q&A. Accrediteds can then choose to contact further.
It’s an interesting network and a great format for startups looking to connect for that solid Series A round.
About Keiretsu Forum
Keiretsu Forum is a global investment community of accredited private equity angel investors, venture capitalists and corporate/institutional investors. Keiretsu Forum was founded in the San Francisco East Bay in California in 2000 by Randy Williams.
Keiretsu Forum is a worldwide network of capital, resources and deal flow with 46 chapters on 3 continents. Keiretsu Forum members invest in high-quality, diverse investment opportunities. Keiretsu Forum’s community is strengthened through its involvement in social and charitable activities.
Keiretsu is a Japanese term describing a group of affiliated corporations with broad power and reach. Keiretsu Forum is described as a conglomeration of individuals or small companies that are organized around private equity funding for mutual benefit. Keiretsu Forum believes that through a holistic approach that includes interlocking relationships with partners and key resources, they can offer an association that produces the highest quality deal-flow and investment opportunities.
Keiretsu Forum’s mission is “Great Association With Quality Deal Flow”.
Keiretsu Forum membership is comprised of serious investors, business leaders, venture capitalists, corporate/institutional investors and serial entrepreneurs. Keiretsu Forum enjoys synergies and close relationships with venture capital firms, universities, and other partner organizations. These relationships facilitate the access to capital, talent, technology, and resources needed to build a successful venture.
…With Quality Deal Flow”
Keiretsu Forum’s quality and diverse deal flow comes from our community of members, venture capitalists, sponsors, incubators and universities. Keiretsu Forum members invest in investment opportunities that focus on emerging technologies, healthcare/life sciences, consumer products, real estate and other segments with high growth opportunity.
Forum members provide early-stage capital in the range of $250K-$2m. Keiretsu Forum is not a fund and does not invest as a LLC. Members collaborate in the due diligence process, but make individual investment decisions.
- Keiretsu Forum is a global network of capital, resources and deal flow. The community of chapters enables:
- Support of their portfolio companies and presenting entrepreneurs with equity and resources in different capital markets,
- Building additional quality deal flow for members in different geographical locations, and for
- Keiretsu Forum’s members to enjoy collaborative business and social relationships between chapters.
- Keiretsu Forum members invest in a myriad of opportunities including “brick and mortar” i.e. real estate. 70% of our investments are in technology companies and 30% in non-technology opportunities.
- Keiretsu Forum is a giving organization as shown by its proactive charitable giving environment
- Fellowship is enhanced not only through the charitable activities but also through countless fun activities for and by the members, such as golf, tennis, hiking, educational field trips, to name a few.
- Keiretsu Forum enjoys collaboration with other angel forums and investment communities.